What is included with your homeowners coverage?

Dwelling: provides property protection that protects your house and attached structures if damaged by certain events; including fire, wind damage and weight of ice, snow or hail.

Other structures: provides protection to other structures at your premises that are not attached to the dwelling. Items covered include detached garages, tool sheds, etc. Coverage is normally limited to 10% or 20% of the Dwelling limit however more coverage is available for additional premium.

Personal Property: provides protection for the contents of your home and other personal belongings owned by you or family members who live with you. Coverage is limited on certain types of property that are especially susceptible to loss, such as cash, securities, jewelry, furs and guns. Depending on the policy type selected, replacement cost protection may be automatically included or may be available via endorsement for an additional premium.

Loss of Use: this coverage will help with additional living expenses if your home is damaged by a peril insured against to the extent that you cannot live in your home. These expenses include, but are not limited to, housing, meals and warehouse storage.

Personal Liability: this section of the homeowners policy will provide coverage in the event you or a resident of your household is legally responsible for injury to others or damage to others’ property. We recommend a minimum of $100,000 and strongly encourage consideration of $300,000.