Kids & Socializing Online
The opportunities kids have to socialize online come with benefits and risks. Adults can help reduce the risks by talking to kids about making safe and responsible decisions. Kids Online Safety Tips
Social networking sites, chat rooms, virtual worlds, and blogs are how teens and tweens socialize online; it’s important to help your child learn how to navigate these spaces safely. Among the pitfalls that come with online socializing are sharing too much information or posting comments, photos, or videos that can damage a reputation or hurt someone’s feelings.
Applying real-world judgment can help minimize those risks.
- * Remind Kids That Online Actions Have Consequences
- * Tell Kids to Limit What They Share
- * Encourage Online Manners
- * Limit Access to Your Kids’ Profiles
- * Talk to Kids About What They’re Doing Online